The Kamloops Tennis Club Rules and Regulations apply to both members and non- members and are posted in the clubhouse and on the KTA Website.
Violation of these rules or not acting in the interest of the Kamloops Tennis Association will be brought before the Board of Directors for appropriate action and may result in membership suspension or cancellation or a refusal of entry to the courts and Clubhouse.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. The Kamloops Tennis Centre is committed to a harassment-free environment where all players and guests are treated with respect and dignity All players and guests must follow the standard Code of Conduct, Tennis Etiquette and Fair Play for tennis players.
Ø Swearing on courts is not allowed
Ø Throwing of racquets is not allowed
Ø Loud outbursts demeaning individuals is not allowed
Ø Loud arguments about points is not allowed
Ø The Kamloops Tennis Centre is committed to a harassment-free environment where all players and guests are treated with respect and dignity
2. Booking Courts: Courts may be booked online, by telephone or in person. Back to back courts can not be booked by the same person. With the exception of league organizers, only one court may be booked by one person at a time. No shows for booked courts will be charged. Please report to the desk prior to going onto the courts.
3. Lessons are only to be conducted by the Club’s Professional Coach see KTA Policy 05 – Coaching Policy
4. Attire: only non-marking tennis shoes must be worn to preserve court surface. Appropriate attire, including shirts is mandatory.
5. Courtesy: Loud, abusive or profane language and abuse of a racquet or ball, are not permitted. Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited on the courts. All personal items including garbage and empty containers must be removed from the benches after playing.
6. Playing Times: Playing for courts is 90 minutes. If the court is not booked play may continue up to 15 minutes. If the court is booked play can not continue if players are waiting.
7. Gates, Lights The last person to leave the courts must ensure the gates are locked and lights are out. If the office is staffed the last persons on the courts must check in the office prior to departure.